Every car owner does some research before buying a car. There are a few specific parts to research about and tires are one of them. The entire car works on tires. Hence, while buying tires from a tire shop (ร้านขายยางรถยนต์, which is the term in Thai) or choosing a car make sure you check with all of the requirements mentioned below.
Type Of Tire
The Primary thing that one has to check in a tire shop is the type of tire. There is a wide range of tires, you can choose from different types.
- All Season: A type of tire that does well in all types of weather conditions.
- Touring: Touring tires are high-speed tires made to serve smoothly in any weather conditions.
- Performance: High-performance tires are made with large circumference and wet weather traction.
- Summer Tires: Like the name, summer tires are types of tires made to perform well in wet and dry conditions. The tires are well designed for warm weather.
- Winter Tires: Winter tires are made to perform well in winter conditions. Mostly used for wide vehicles, winter tires have wide uses.
- Highway: Highway tires are made for heavyweights. They are durable.
Let’s the features to check before buying them:
Tire code specifies the features of the tire like the dimensions, limitations, maximum speed. So, check the tire code for sure. Every tire shop has this information. So, do not hesitate to ask about it.
Not only food products and medicines, but tires also come with an expiry date. Using expired tires leads to side-wall failure. To know about the manufacturing and expiry information, a dot code is printed on the tires. The week and year of the manufacture are printed on the tire. Car tires need to be replaced every 6 years and shouldn’t be used for more than 10 years. Therefore, check with the dot code before you buy any tires.
Uniform Tire Quality Grading (Utqg) Code
As the name suggests UTQG code helps in comparing tread wear, traction. Traction means the grip possessed by the tire. Every tire has three ratings, (A) Superior, (B) Good, and (C) Average. While comparing tires, make sure you are choosing the one with a good rating.
Last but not least that you’ve to check is the warranty. A car without reliable tires and a tire without a warranty is of no use. So, check the warranty.
These are a few things that you need to know before buying tires. No matter what might be your budget, ensure the tires are satisfying your needs and requirements.